Sunday, February 28, 2010

REYES UNDER SUSPICION
Those Mets Report, Breaking News Jose Reyes doesn't deny his ties to Dr. Anthony Galea, a Canadian physician accused of supplying athletes with human growth hormone, but says he told the FBI last week that he was never injected with HGH. Reyes received blood-spinning treatment from Galea last September in an attempt to overcome a hamstring injury. The FBI met with Reyes on Thursday at Tradition Field to seek answers. "They asked me if he injected me with [HGH] and I said no," Reyes said today before a Mets workout. "What we did there, basically he took my blood out, spun it in some machine and put it back in my leg." Reyes said he was surprised federal officials wanted to interview him. "They said, 'The FBI.' I said, 'Man, what did I do wrong?' " Reyes said. "I was kind of surprised and scared, but after the interview they said there should be no problem with me." (NY Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment